Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffeecake



Let me tell you first off that this is one thing that I remember my Mommy making alot when I was growing up. I loved it and always asked her to make it. Originally my mom clipped this from a Bisquick box in the 80's but Betty Crocker does not have it on the site.

So I called mom and she read it to me over the phone!

So here it is : Adapted from Bisquick Box circa 1987

Ingredients
Filling:
1 Package Cream Cheese softened
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 tsp almond extract ( I used vanilla)

For Dough
2 Cups Bisquick ( I used pioneer brand)
1/3 Cup milk
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Butter

Topping
1/4 cup Fruit Preserves ( I used 1/2 cup of Strawberry preserves)
1/3 cup sliced almonds ( I omitted)

Servings- 9

Preheat oven to 350*

In a bowl combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Mix Well

In another bowl mix baking mix, milk, sugar and butter until it forms a dough.

In a 9x9 pan place the dough in the bottom and flatten so it covers the bottom and goes 1" up the sides.

Add the filling and spread so it is flat.

Warm your preserves a bit so they are easier to spread.

And CAREFULLY spread them out as evenly as you can.

Then pop in the over for 40 minutes or until the cream cheese filling is mostly set.

This is just heavenly, don't take my word for it. Make it for yourself! DH even helped out!

Have a great day and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment