Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2009

Spicy Peanut Sauce

Ingredients
1 Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
1/3 Cup Water
1 Clove Garlic Minced
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp canola (or sesame) oil
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Chili Powder
Juice of 1 lemon. (or a couple good squeezes of the stuff outta the bottle that is shaped like a lemon ;) )

Last weekend we had dinner with some friends of ours on a whim, she and I had made tofu wraps with peanut sauce one time for lunch. So we made Tofu stir fry and I told her I would make the peanut sauce.

This is easy and very good. You can adjust the Chili powder to your desired heat. This had a nice heat to it but it is very muted. I think to overcome the peanut taste you would have to add quite a bit of chili powder and then I don't think it would taste so good.

In your blender pour in your peanuts.
(see that beautiful red blender? Now, if I could only win one of The Pioneer Woman's giveaways then I could have a matching RED Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer *swoon*)

Add your water.

Add all your spices.

Blend. Alot.

Then add your oil while the blender is still going.

And Blend.....and blend.....is it smooth?

No? Keep blending.

(yes, I know, this is a crummy picture. It was after the fact. We were hungry, we ate)

Done? Good, now eat!

That was easy!

Have a great weekend and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment