Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Smooth and Tangy Two Bean Soup


First off, I know I've been a horrible blogger, I haven't posted for a week! Eeeek sorry! I wish I could say it is going to get better but I've got a busy week ahead of me, a banquet, a friends wedding and other misc stuff, but keep on checking back, it won't be too long.

Ingredients
1/2 stick butter
2 Tbsp Canola oil
1 sweet onion chopped
2 cloves Garlic- minced
4 Cups water- heated
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
4- 8 oz cans Tomato Sauce (2 without added salt)
1 Can Northern Beans
1 Can Kidney Beans
1.5 Cups Rice (+3 cups water)
1/2 Cup Mild Banana Pepper Juice
1 Tbsp Black Pepper

Makes 8 big servings.

So part of the reason why I didn't blog much last week is because I had some dental work done. Public service announcement: GO TO THE DENTIST REGULARLY your mouth will thank you. That is all.

So wednesday when I got home, I didn't want to cook, hubby wanted to cook for me (He is SO sweet) and I couldn't have anything much besides soup. So we made this. He asked what to put in and how, we did it together and voila a very tasty soup.

Heat a big soup pot on medium or medium high heat. Add your butter and oil, ( you do both so that your butter won't brown too much) and then your onion. Cook for 5-7 minutes and then add your garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.

Then add everything else.

Yup. Just toss it in. It will be fine.

The extra water is so your rice won't take up all of the water you put in earlier.

Cook on medium/low for 25-30 minutes or until your rice is cooked.

Then enjoy, this turned out so nicely. It was sweet and tangy all at the same time. I asked hubby what I should name it, this is one of the good ones he came up with ;)

Have a great day and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment