Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Homemade Bleu Cheese Dressing

Ingredients
4 oz Bleu Cheese Crumbles
1/2 Cup Mayo
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
3 oz Milk (+1 Tbsp Vinegar)
1 Tbsp Vinegar
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 Squirt Mustard

Have you ever read the labels on Salad Dressing, really it's a bit ridiculous. And they are expensive! So I started to make my own, buying the dry seasonings for italian and ranch. Now, making our own bleu cheese.

So here is just how easy it is.

Dump in your bleu cheese to a tupperware container (so you can store it for about a week).

Measure out 3 oz of milk and add 1 Tbsp vinegar (to use as buttermilk).

Add Mayo, Sour Cream, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Mustard, Milk mixture and the rest of the Vinegar.
Then get out one of the whiskers from your hand mixer and stir it all up. Refrigerate for 10 min and serve! (I like mine chunky) if you like yours more smooth you can put it in a blender.

This turned out ABSOLUTELY GREAT! I loved it, it has a much better taste than the store bought stuff. It reminded me of the homemade dressing at where I used to work at a family owned italian restaurant! Hubby thought it could use some sugar, I liked the tang. So if you think you'd like yours a little sweeter I'd add 1 Tbsp of White Sugar.

Have a great day and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Can you post how you make Italian? My favorites dressings are Italian and Balsamic.

    ReplyDelete