Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2009

Taco Pocket- wheels



So yesterday I showed you how stoked I was about my pillsbury find. This was another one. I used a package of flaky buttermilk biscuits for this.

Ingredients
1 Package Biscuits
1 lb Lean Ground Beef (cooked and drained, seasoned with salt and pepper)
1 Medium onion chopped
1 Can Original Rotel
Cheddar Cheese


Let me just tell you before you see the pictures below. This turned out to be a fail. Not in the sense that it tasted bad, because in fact they tasted great. But in the fact that my beautiful pocket-wheels didn't stay together while they baked. This made me very sad.

Just ask my hubby, I was sad and dissapointed. I put a lot of time into making those things look really pretty. I was foiled.

Foiled.

So figure out a way to get them to stick perhaps with a tooth pick and you will have pretty taco pocket-wheels instead of misshapen taco pods.

Anyways. On with the recipe.

Cook your Ground beef (if it isn't already) with salt and pepper.

In another pan cook 1 Medium chopped over medium heat until slightly translucent. While they are cooking, add the juice of the can of Rotel so they will taste spicy. Once they are cooked add the rest of the Rotel to warm it through.

Take a biscuit and start by pressing in the middle and flattening in a circle until you get a fairly good sized circle (when I stretched mine they were probably 5"+). Continue until you are done with all of them (or fed up like me, I left one not done and cooked it as a biscuit)

This.

Is.

A.

Long.

Process.

Place them on the baking sheet, pulled nice and big.

Add 2 spoonfuls ground beef, 1-2 spoonfuls rotel/onion mix. Top with cheddar cheese.

Now the fun part (well I thought it was fun, until they opened during cooking and it was a big 'ole fail). Take opposite sides of your biscuit and bring them up over the top of your meat, onion and cheese mixture and press together and twist. Then do the same thing on the other side pinching and twisting together and pressing down slightly. Now open each of the 4 pockets. Pretty right?!

Do this over and over. ADD TOOTHPICKS!

Then cook at 400* until they are golden on the outside.

Don't be like me and be sad when they don't hold together, be happy that you used toothpicks.

Enjoy these spicy little wonderful pocket-wheels.

Have a great Friday and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment