Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fun Potato Salad




Seeing Kay's Potato salad made me want to play around with one that I was taking to a home group of mine on Thursday.

Kay's Potato Salad- she's awesome, takes amazing pictures that I'm a little sad that I can't take and you should check her out.

Ingredients
6 Russet Potatoes (Rinsed, scrubbed, cubed)
1 Carrot (grated)
15 Green olives (minced)
1 Small onion (minced)
3 Stalks Celery (sliced)
6 Tbsp Mayonnaise ( I used my homemade mayonnaise)
4-5 Tbsp Sour Cream
3-4 Tbsp Mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste (If you use regular mayo I would add garlic, my mayo already had it in there)
2 Chicken bouillon cubes

Serves 12-15

Bring a BIG OLE pot of water to boil for your potatoes, add in your bouillon cubes (for extra flavor).

Rinse, Scrub and Cube your potatoes into about 1" Cubes. Put them in your pot of boiling water and cook for about 7-10 minutes, you want them to be cooked through but firm.

Slice and Dice or grate all of your other ingredients, I don't need to list them again. You already wrote them down or at least saw them at the top! For the Carrots I just used my box cheese grater on the 2nd smallest side.

When your potatoes are done, drain them and allow them to cool for a few minutes.

Then add them to a large bowl. ( I used a big green tupperware bowl that I love) I made this for a Bible study pot luck that we had, so I made A LOT.

Add all of your ingredients together in the bowl and if you have a potato masher now is the time to use it. If you are not cool enough don't have a potato masher then follow me to the dark side. Take one of your beaters from your hand held electric mixer and go to town.

Make sure everything gets mixed together and you can leave as much or as little potato chunks that you would like.

This turned out really well and got many good reviews, the green olives gave it a nice kick as did the onions. The carrots balanced out with a nice sweet flavor and the sour cream makes it nice and smooth.

Have a blessed Sunday and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment