Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Petite Cookie Cakes

Before we get to the good stuff, let me just tell you that this was for Taste & Create a place where other Foodie bloggers get together and test each others recipe's and link to each other. I thought this would be a fun way to do some new things!


Petite Cookie Cakes
adapted from Cookie Dough Dessert at (Ruth's Kitchen Experiments)

6-8
(mine made 12)

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
10 ounces I used chocolate drops - a mix of milk and plain chocolate (I used Milk Chocolate Chips)

Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/160˚C.

2. Grease a 8"x 8" oven dish (I used baking cups and 2 cupcake tins)

3. Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set to the side.

4. In a separate larger bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugar then add in the eggs one by one, then the vanilla until well blended.
(Ah yes, real butter, the good stuff)(Sugar Mixture before adding the melted good stuff)(With the melted good stuff, before flour)(doesn't this look A-mazing, well it tasted superb, it's a perfect dough)

5. Stir in the flour mix with a wooden spoon then add in the chocolate chips.
(Yes, my Hubby laughs at me as I attempt to get my point and shoot
to take great ok, I'll settle for *good* food pictures)

6. Spoon a VERY and I mean VERY healthy Tablespoon of Cookie dough into each cupcake and smooth on top.

7. Cook for 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

8. Drool for a few minutes while the cool and then eat warm.

These were super and they were fun to make. I took them over to a friend's house and they got rave reviews. Hubby and I also enjoyed a few spoonfuls of the dough even before it was cooked. It was so good!

Enjoy, have a great day and God Bless. Thanks for going on my first Taste and Create Journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment