Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

DIY Pumpkin Spice Creamer (and Whole30 friendly)

Soooo.....my husband says that I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar. He may or may not (may) be right. One of the most challenging things for when I start my Whole30 next week will likely be my coffee. So in the weeks leading up to it, I've switched to coconut milk for my creamer and have been reducing the sugar in it.

Then I found this little recipe. So I whipped up some this morning.

I did make some changes, because, well we all know how good I am about following recipes (I'm not).

1 Can Coconut milk (Whole30 Compliant)
about 1/2 can Pumpkin Puree
2 drops YL Cinnamon Bark EO*
1 drop YL Clove EO*
1 drop YL Ginger EO*
1 drop Nutmeg EO*

--I left out the Vanilla extract because that has alcohol in it, therefore rendering it NOT Whole30 compliant, if you aren't doing Whole30 I'm sure it would be a great addition

I mixed in my stand mixer and added to my morning coffee. It's like a pumpkin spice coffee but with no sweetener but lots of flavor! So if you are looking for a way to "slay the sugar" dragon and make your coffee a little more like coffee, here is a great way to do it.

Enjoy!


*I personally use Young Living oils because of their purity and Seed to Seal process, please do not ingest any oils unless they are listed as a dietary supplement or are on the GRAS list from the FDA,  but the choice is yours. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment