Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2009

How to Hard Boil Eggs

Ingredients
12 Large Eggs


Ok now if I was thinking when I was doing this I would have taken a picture of a pretty hard-boiled egg, but I was making food for my hubby to take on his trip so clearly I was not thinking. So no, I don't have a picture.

Here are some tricks for how to hard boil an egg.

1. Eggs should be at room temperature. This is so when you put them into hot boiling water that they don't crack (hopefully)
2. Bring water to a boil (enough to cover all the eggs once they are in there)
3. Using 2 spoons, put the egg in between and slowly lower and place (not drop) your eggs into the water.
4. Continue to boil on a heat of 8/9 for 12 minutes
5. Drain out the hot water into the sink
6. Run Cold water over top and allow to sit for 3 minutes or so in the pan.
7. Drain that water, put more cold water in and then place in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.

(this was a very sad moment because see the egg by the handle that is turned the opposite way? Well it decided it didn't like what was going on, so it jumped into the sink and into the garbage disposal before I could catch him, good bye little egg)

Now here is how to peel an egg, which used to be a big pain in the rear until I figured out how to do it.
1. Take your egg and crack it onto a plate (long ways) then roll it around until it is all cracked (see video 1)
2. Then pull on one side of the shell while holding the other side. This should peel off a big chunk, then continue to pull off the egg shell, it should come off in a wrapping fashion (see video 2)

Then you are all done!

Look for some egg salad later in the week!




Have a great Monday and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment