Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2009

Oatmeal Scotchies and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies



Ingredients
1/2 Cup Butter softened
1/2 Cup packed Light brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk
1/3 Cup Butterscotch Chips (use a 1/2 if just making 1 kind )
1/3 Cup Raisins (use a 1/2 if just making 1 kind )

*adapted from my Old Fashioned Cookies Book*

Preheat Oven to 350*

Beat Butter and sugar in a large bowl at medium speed until creamy, add egg and blend lightly.

Mix flour, oats and baking powder into another bowl. Stir in flour mixture and milk into the egg mixture alternating, starting and ending with the flour mixture.

Split Dough in half into two bowls. Well you don't have to do this, but hubby doesn't like butterscotch. I LOVE butterscotch. So I made him oatmeal raisin and myself oatmeal scotchies).

Stir in your chips or raisins.

Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden brown.

This made about 2 1/2 dozen.

These aren't my normal recipe, I think I like my other one better but, that's what I get for trying another one. They are still good, but I like mine a little more oatmealy and a little more gooey.
Have a great monday and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. These are my favs (though my recipe doesn't include milk, hmm). I always up the oatmeal by about 25%.

    ReplyDelete