Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Healthy and Whole30 "dessert"

So we are coming up on that time of year where there are yummy treats all over the place. On top of that we are a little more stressed and are probably sleeping a little less, which is a recipe for disaster for our bodies.

While doing the Whole30 in October, I realized that when I am tired I crave sugar. We typically are good about getting to sleep at a decent hour, but I still have an infant who wakes up 1x a night and well, we have life too. So, yeah at night sometimes I am tired.

I found that making this "dessert", yeah I'm using that term loosely, was really helpful. It was satisfying and just slightly sweet.

The original recipe from ( here ) has a non Whole30 option, but I never made that. I did adjust the recipe slightly and never made it into cookie dough balls, I just ate it straight from the bowl!


Healthy Cookie Dough
2 handfuls Raw Cashews (or Almonds, if that is your thing)
1 Ripe Banana
1/2 Can Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin Pie Spice  ( to taste)
1 Handful Coconut chips (unsweetened, shredded or desiccated also works)
2-3 Tbsp Coconut Milk (add more if needed to process)

Put all ingredients in a food processor, process until it turns into a "cookie dough" or "thick pudding" consistency. It isn't going to be completely smooth, but that is ok!

Then grab a spoon and enjoy! This is one serving but I couldn't eat all of it, because it is super filling.

This is a great way to enjoy a treat, without killing your diet. Remember, enjoy the holidays with your friends and family, enjoy your treats in moderation and stick to your healthy diet the rest of the time. Life is to be enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment