Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2015

An Ode to my 3.5 year old Hannah

Oh Hannah, how I love you. You keep me on my toes. You have big emotions (much like your mama) and love and care in big ways but also have a bit of a short fuse, especially with your sister.

She is a foodie and has a super sniffer, the other night Clayton had to go in and chat with her after she had gone to bed and while he was talking to her, she interrupted and said "were you drinking beer"? LOL. She can also tell what is cooking before I tell her what it is.

She happens to be a better hostess than I am most of the time, if she knows someone is coming over for a meal, she will color each one of them a picture, get out chairs to add to our table, get out their silverware and ask for plates and fill up waters for them. While they are here she will make sure they are never without water (and company). She loves sitting around a table with lots of people with food, but who doesn't!


This one pretty much always has a skirt, dress, or crown on (or more than one), I can't tell you how many times we have been at a store and people ask "is it her birthday", nope, she just likes to wear dress up dresses most days of the week. Plus, crowns are cool.

And the dancing, oh the dancing. Turn on some music and she turns into a ballerina, twirling and holding her skirt up to do it. We sing a hymn before dinner each night and the other night, she let go of our hands and started twirling while we were singing. She always has a song in her heart. Currently she loves to sing the Sophia the first theme song.

She loves being a big sister and smothers (almost literally) Piper with hugs and kisses all day long. This morning Piper was fussing so I asked her to go talk to her for a minute while I did something. Hannah went over and gave her a kiss and talked to her but Piper didn't stop crying. So Hannah told me "Mama, Piper needs milk, I kissed her and talked to her and she didn't stop crying, I'm worried she needs milk". She is going to make a fabulous Mama some day.

We have our fair shares of "No!" "I don't want to" and "Lucy isn't being nice to me" but over all she has a sweet disposition and is super caring. Clayton's back was bothering him the other week and so during dinner she brought a pillow over to him to put behind his back to help him feel better, it's caring things like these that make me so excited to see what she is going to be like as she grows up, but, I'm in no hurry for that to happen.

Love you 3.5 year old Hannah.






No comments:

Post a Comment