Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2009

Beana's Banana Bread (or muffins)




I big puffy heart banana bread. I love it. So does my husband. I usually make it 3 times a month because we always have left over bananas (hmmm I wonder how I manage to do that week after week *shrugs*) . Besides there is just something about homemade bread....

Now the best thing about this recipe is that it is relatively healthy too! YAY! I usually make this for friends as well and some of them have asked for it again so it has to be pretty good.

so here it is...

Beana's Banana Bread

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar ( I use 1/2 cup brown and 1/4 cup white) plus 1-2 Tbsp white sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (you don't have to use this much, I just like cinnamon)
2 egg whites
2-3 ripe bananas (medium/large)
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350*

In a medium-large mixing bowl combine bananas, sugars, eggs, applesauce and vanilla extract. Beat with blender on low until it is creamy. Add all dry ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are incorporated.

Spray pan you will be using with pam and if using glass or metal pans sprinkle with a bit of flour.
I have silicone pans which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! They are great. Mine have gotten alot of use as you can see. Things don't seem to clean off the top as well as they do the cups. Oh well. Life goes on right?

Pour batter into cups (for muffins) or into your loaf pan for bread. Sprinkle a wee bit of sugar on the top of each. Bake at 350* for 25-30 min for large muffins like I made, or 50-55 min for a loaf.

Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy the yummy goodness after!

Some time this week I'm going to share some tips for the grocery store and how to stay within your budget so keep checking back!

Have a great night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment