Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

Hodge Podge Lunch at G-Ma's



This is a 2-fer meaning I'm going to use a little more than half of my meat for the next dinner. So i'll adjust the ingredients as necessary.

Ingredients
2 lbs lean ground beef (I used 93/7) (3/4 lb for just this meal)
1 Tbs Garlic Pepper (1/2 T)
1/2 T Garlic Powder (1/4 T)
1/2 T Curry (1/4 T)
1/2 T Cayenne (1/4 T)

1 Box Rice-a-roni Chicken flavor (Fry's Brand)
1 Packet Rice Sides Taco Flavor
2 Cans Corn
Canola oil
Shredded Mexican cheese
Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and then add a drizzle of oil for browning the meat (If you are using a larger fat blend you probably wont need it. Add the beef to the pan and break up. Add all spices and cook for 5 min on medium high, flip meat when browned and decrease heat to medium (or medium low).

In a large pot cook your rice to the package directions (since this was a hodge podge I didn't have the same brand, so I had to add half of the rice halfway through the cooking time. In an ideal world I would have had the same. Cook it until it is nearly done, in the last 3-5 minutes add the corn to the mix. Then at the end add your meat (3/4lb). Stir up.

Add mexican cheese on top and stir up and serve. Mmm I forget how much I love curry.
We had a very relaxing day of sittin on the porch swing and playing rummikub with G-ma with an easy hot, comfy meal.

Have a great night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment