Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Beer Brats w/ Onions and Mexican Rice and Black Beans



Ingredients
1 Package Beer Brats
1 medium onion- sliced

Mexican Rice and black beans
4 cups cooked Brown Rice
1 8 oz can- Tomato sauce no salt added
1 Can Black Beans- Rinsed
1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder ( I used 1 Tbsp) * read note below
1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper ( I used 1 Tbsp) * read note below
1 Tbsp Onion powder
1 Tbsp Garlic powder

Heat a grill pan or skillet on medium high, spray with pam, then add brats to the pan, halfway through flip the brats and add the onions and a bit of water to the pan. Cook for 30 min or so (the grill pan takes a bit longer) but it tastes great.

I took my leftover rice from last night put it in a microwave safe mixing bowl and mixed all of the ingredients together. Note I used 1 Tbsp of Chili powder and black pepper because hubby LOVES spicy food. So, I asked him what he thought about it and he said that for mexican rice it was too spicy, the chili powder and black pepper were over powering it (but I did accomplish spicy *it was HOT* ;) ) . So yes, I have a good hubby that is willing to tell me what could be improved with my food so that I can be a better cook. So I would try the above measurements, and I think that will take care of alot.

We drank a black butte porter with it, which is our favorite dark dark beer. It's also one of the main ingredients in my carnitas which I think I'll be making next Thursday, so keep your eyes peeled ;)

Have a great night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment