Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rotisserie Style Chicken



MMMmmmm...it looks good doesn't it!

I have to thank Stephanie the Crockpot lady for this recipe that I have adapted my recipe from Rotisserie Chicken

Ingredients
8 Chicken thighs (or any chicken for that matter)
1 tsp Salt ( you will need 3 tsp if you wan't it to be like the stuff you get in the store)
1 tsp paprika
1 tosp onion powder
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp italian dressing mix
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
4 cloves minced garlic (added on top)

Mix all of the seasonings but the garlic into a bowl. When I make it I make a big portion, I made about 4 servings last time so this time I just had to pull it out and rub it on the chicken and I still have at least 1 serving less. Sweetness, saving time is awesome.
my bowl o' saved rub on the left and the one to use on the right.

Ok, if you are using chicken thighs you get to do the fun part now, skin the chicken *enter sarcastic typing now*, no really, skin your chicken. Well you don't have to but it's WAY healthier for you.

Once that's done, put them all on a plate, meaty side up. Like so. Now it's time to make the chicken "happy" as Emeril would say. Take that rub and pour it on top of the chicken and then rub it in, now you have happy chicken. When you eat it when it's done you will also be happy.
This is Happy Chicken

Put it in the crock pot meaty side down and DO NOT ADD WATER! not even a little bit, I know what you are thinking, won't it turn out dry? Nope, nope it won't, it will turn out moist and wonderful. So just trust me on this one and step away from the water (and the chicken stock for that matter).

Mince up your 4 cloves of garlic, add it on top in the crock pot. Then cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8.

Yum. Go make this.

Have a great night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment