Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2009

Biscuit Pizza "Man Meal"


I came home from the grocery store spending the last of our $300 budget (which I went over $2.16 whoops) and I had to make dinner for tonight and dinner started in the crockpot tomorrow when we have guests.

I had just bought some Pioneer Baking Mix. So I wanted to use it. So, I did.

Ingredients
2 cups Pioneer Baking Mix
2/3 Cup Milk
10 Tbsp Pasta Sauce
1 lb Ground Beef ( I used 93/7)
1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese- shredded
1 Medium Onion - Sliced
2 Cloves Garlic- Minced
3 Handfuls Spinach
Salt and Pepper to taste

Pre-heat the oven to 450*

Mix Baking mix and Milk together to form a biscuit dough (follow directions, including kneading and adding extra flour while doing so), spray a 9 x 6 Pyrex dish with Pam. Place Biscuit dough in the bottom and flatten along the bottom. Spread the pasta sauce over the top.

In a medium frying pan add some canola oil and heat on medium, add your sliced onions and salt and generous pepper, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook down. Add this mixture to the top of the biscuit and pasta sauce.

Cook up your ground beef in the same pan and add to the top of the mixture. Top with Monterey Jack cheese and cook for 15-20 minutes.

Allow to set for 5 minutes and serve. Hubby said this is a man meal because everything is in it together. The carbs, some veggies, meat and cheese.

I'm excited to have it as a leftover for lunch tomorrow!

God Bless and have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment