Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

Spicy Chicken Fingers


look I never said it was gonna look pretty, but it tastes good!

Ok ok I know, I'm a few days behind, but I HAVE been cooking, so look for 3 recipes tonight!
Ingredients
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 egg- beaten well
1 Cup Flour (with salt and pepper to taste)
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
Tapatio or other hot sauce to taste

Sauce
1 part Spicy Garlic Wing Sauce (I used Fry's brand)
1 part BBQ Sauce
1 Part Ketchup

mmm I love buffalo wings ( I grew up in Upstate NY and I went to school in Buffalo) and chicken fingers, but I also like having semi-clean arteries. So it's best for me to find a way to bake these. Which I do ;)

Also, let me say that my very helpful hubby was doing the picture taking tonight, so you will actually see some of me and some of his *personality* in these pictures ;) he's awesome.

Pre-heat oven to 400* and Spray a large cookie sheet with a good amount of Pam. Set near where you will be working.

Take your Chicken Breast and cut them into 1/2 in slices about 2 inches in length (or so). Once that is done take your Tapatio (or hot sauce of your choice) and put it on your raw chicken, rub it in and then if you are weird like me wash you hands ( I do this ALOT while cooking, which seems counter productive since I am just going to touch raw chicken again, but whatever).

Get out 3 bowls, 2 shallow-ish and one medium mixing bowl.
In the first bowl place your flour. This is your first of your assembly line. In the second bowl place your well beaten egg. In the medium mixing bowl place your bread crumbs.
Now here's the fun/messy part. I usually try to use my left hand to put raw chicken in the flour and then drop in the egg. Then my right hand to move around in the egg and then put in the breadcrumbs. But that doesn't usually work that way. So you can try that, perhaps you will have more success than I *sigh*



So take a strip or 3 at a time and place in flour, coat on both sides, remove and place in egg, coat on both sides then place in bread crumbs. Shake bowl around until they are well covered. Remove and place on baking sheet.

Repeat this mundane process 85 more times (ok maybe it just seems like that many) until you are done with your strips. And remember if your hands don't look like this, you're not doing it right! ;) at least that is what I tell myself.

Spray the top of them with pam and then slide the baking sheet into the middle of your 400* oven. Cook for 8-10 min on one side, flip and cook for another 5-8 (depending on thickness) you can always cut one open to see.

In a large mixing bowl create your sauce of 1 part of each of these three ingredients: Spicy Garlic Wing Sauce, BBQ Sauce and Ketchup. Mix together well. Then add chicken fingers to the bowl and toss till they are all covered in yummy spicy goodness.

We made some baked potatoes with blue chese crumbles on top and a salad. Hubby thought they were great (yes, I got them spicy enough I think) and I thought they were hot, but not so bad that my eyes watered. So try them out!


*now that's a spicy personality*
Have a great night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment